SAFETY TIPS ON SHOPPING ONLINE
These are some really simple ways to shop safely online you can use every day:
- Research retailers online to make sure they’re legitimate.
- Make sure the website is secure.
- Know your rights and the company’s returns policy.
- Keep software and virus protection up-to-date and use strong passwords for online accounts.
- Don’t use public Wi-Fi. Your standard data connection is more secure.
- Pay using a credit card. You will have more protection. Alternatively, online services like PayPal mean scammers will not be able to get hold of your bank details.
- Be smart. If a deal looks too good to be true, it probably is.